ech

ech
There is a creepy person trapped in every computer screen

Monday 20 June 2011

The pessimist


I was watching a movie with a friend.  For me, the movie was just a video playing in the background. Nothing more than a series of images and sounds, Meaningless. For my mind, at that moment, was miles away, maybe lost in a completely different universe all together. Even if I tried I couldn’t have focused. I didn’t have the energy or the will to make sense of it. Nothing makes sense right now.

Sometimes  I wonder whether I will ever get to see life beyond Karachi. What if I never do? There is a heavy chance that I wont. All those images of the world abroad, would stay just that. Images. I’ll never know what a deserted beach In Thailand looks like. I’ll never know what it’s like to take a walk in New work Central park. I’ll never know how tall the Eiffel tower actually is.

Life would pass me by. I would be older with a job that I don’t really like, but it pays so whatever. I would have a husband that I married just because everyone  else was getting married and I thought that soon I would become too old to find a guy, so I just married. I would have kids that I never wanted to have in the first place. I would be wrinkled and fat. Maybe that day never comes where I look in the mirror at my naked body, and actually like what I see. I would be overburdened with responsibility. I would look back at these times and think how happy I was. People that I would have wanted to associate myself with would probably have left the country. It's a sinking ship.

Sex would become a chore. Nothing that I would look forward to, Nothing like I had fantasized as a young girl. It would be a dark room, with me and my husband, both of us exhausted after a long day’s work and on the verge of falling asleep any minute. One of us would probably be fantasizing about another person while the other preoccupied with tomorrow’s work schedule.  
Orgasms , for me, would become an urban legend, a myth or an idea reserved for novels and films.


I would continue to daydream like  I do right now, wondering what life would have been like in a different time, at a different place.

9 comments:

  1. Here's what you do (I have no idea how old you are. Your pic is too grainy.)
    1) Get good grades so you can...
    2) Get a good job so you can...
    3) Make good money so you can...
    4) Do whatever you want, when you want and how.
    5) Your freedom is the greatest thing you will ever have. Don't lose it!
    6) Don't let anyone tell you what to do (not even me!) LIVE YOUR LIFE YOUR WAY. It's the only way you'll ever be happy. Never sell out. Never relent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Im glad to know you read this. I'm 20 actually. I'm usually a calm, composed (silly) person, but sometimes I just get these weird anxiety attacks, that make the future look gloomy.

    yes, I do value my freedom and I shall live my life my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mek, it's a pleasure to read a blog, for once, that isn't boring. You're stuff is funny, intelligent, and very insightful (love your new pic too!) I'm also glad you like my stuff. I thought, for at least a year now that nobody looked at my blog, except by accident. I know there isn't a lot on my blog to read, unless you dig thru the old posts. So, anyway...Thank you too :) (This is attempt #2 at a post cuz I'm kind of fucked up and have a hard time talking to people.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you drunk? are you high? are you high and drunk? are you high and drunk and while being high and drunk? whoops, i forgot. This is supposed to be the serious blog.

    And thank you. that means alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. But I think I'm permanently buzzed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cool article/story

    I like your harshly realist style.

    Thx fer leaving a comment on my blog.
    I removed that article

    but I think I was in a similiar sort of mood....

    ReplyDelete