ech

ech
There is a creepy person trapped in every computer screen

Saturday 9 July 2011

Things are looking up(really?)

I got into the university that I wanted to get in. Whats better is that this guy that I have been infatuated with, also got in. Now I will get an opportunity to interact with him. Things are looking up, I suppose. I feel this weird sense of accomplishment. Its a feeling I haven't felt in years. I like this feeling.

But there is a major betrayal here. A betrayal to my past self. If my past self would look at me right now, she would snigger in condescension. She really looked down upon the college that my present self just got into. The past me had so much planned out. Things that were bigger and better. Maybe the past me was naive and overestimated her worth. Have you ever had this experience where you would look at a situation and silently whisper to yourself  'I wouldn't be caught dead in this scenario' and then years later you find yourself in the exact scenario? Its ironic. Its ironic how overly(wrongly) enthusiastic and aspirational  you appear when you look at your optimism in retrospect.

whatever though. I got what I wanted for now and I will cherish it.

5 comments:

  1. My wife has a bachelor's degree in that. I'm going for my associate's in computer programming. I was laid off in April of 2010. The State of Massachusetts (unemployment) is paying my way thru.

    Psychology is great to know, just use it sparingly in your relationships (spouse, parents, friends, etc.), otherwise you're in for some fights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean. People always think im psycho-analyzing them, even when I am not. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a serious look into what kind of job you can get with a psych degree. From what I understand, there aren't many.

    ReplyDelete